*** WARNING: RESTRICTED ITEM. This item may ONLY be shipped to Government or Law-Enforcement personnel / organizations, or authorized contractors / suppliers, who supply valid, traceable identification. NO EXCEPTIONS. Read description fully before purchasing. Because this is a sensitive item and we must preserve an accurate chain of custody, all sales are final and we can not accept returns. For that reason, we ask that you ensure all sizes are accurate before ordering. ***
This is Generation III of the Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV) Base Vest Assembly. Issued to thousands of U.S. Military personnel currently deployed to Afghanistan and other theaters of operation worldwide. Made in the U.S.A. by a government-certified manufacturer using U.S.A. sourced materials. Berry Amendment compliant. MultiCam (OCP) pattern. Factory New condition; never issued or used. Fully traceable (not a "gray market" item). Manufacturer's Certificate of Conformance available on request.
We maintain sizes X-Small through XX-Large in stock for rapid delivery. Please call to confirm stockage level / leadtime for larger quantities exceeding 250 pieces.
The Base Vest Assembly includes the following components:
1. 1ea front base vest outershell assembly WITH removable soft ballistic insert
2. 1ea back (rear) base vest outershell assembly WITH removable soft ballistic insert
3. 2ea universal side plate carriers with two removable side plate pouches
4. 1ea left and 1ea right elastic internal waistband
5. 1ea quick release cable assembly
*** Along with the Base Vest Assembly, we include the following Ancillary Equipment at no extra charge: ***
1. 1ea lower back protector assembly, consisting of an outershell assembly WITH removable soft ballistic insert.
2. 1ea front and rear yoke / collar (neck and throat protector) assembly WITH removable soft ballistic inserts.
NOTE: The Base Vest Assembly DOES NOT INCLUDE the following Ancillary Equipment items, which must be purchased separately: groin protector assembly; deltoid protector (DAPS) assembly; hard plates (front / rear / side), i.e. SAPI / E-SAPI / X-SAPI / ESBI plates
Improvement over the GEN I IOTV, initiated in 2010, include:
1. Totally redesigned yoke and collar
2. Universal side plate carriers and removable side plate pouches
3. Equipment anchor points on the front and rear which interface with items such as hydration systems and the Tactical Assault Panel.
Improvements over the GEN II IOTV, initiated in 2012, include other design features to improve comfort, mobility and functionality, especially to female and small statured Soldiers.
The Improved Outer Tactical Vest (IOTV) Gen III is designed to permit maximum freedom of movement required to assume correct firing positions with the agility to execute all combat tasks easily. Optimal design characteristics ensure the best possible weight distribution of both the ballistic body armor system as well as additional load bearing equipment, thus providing enhanced comfort, wear duration, and mobility. Compatible with E-SAPI (Enhanced Small Arms Protective Insert) and ESBI Side-SAPI plates, the IOTV GEN III also offers more protective coverage under the arms and the sides of the torso. Modular and fully scalable, the base vest can be easily configured to accommodate full system components including neck-throat protection, deltoid protection, groin and lower back protection based on the unique profile and physical demands of each mission, whether conducting mounted movement in a climate-controlled armored vehicle or performing grueling mountaineering operations at high elevations and temperatures.